The Weeknd Net Worth, Income, Biography, Height, Weight, Age, Wife, Girlfriend, Children, Assets, House, Car Collection and much more details, you get in this post. The Weeknd whose full name is Abel Makkonen Tesfaye is a Songwriter, Singer, and Record Producer has an estimated Net Worth of $320 Million.
Besides being one of the most famous music personalities in the world The Weeknd is a powerful man who knows well how to enjoy the luxuries that his work can afford him. The Weeknd is a very successful singer and songwriter, his career began in 2011.
After breaking through on youtube, The Weeknd has sold over 70 Million albums in the United States alone and has received several honors including 3 Grammys after coming into the music industry. Through youtube, The Weeknd has established himself as one of the most recognizable figures and his distinct musical approach distinguishes him from the competition. This involves collaboration with a variety of brands as well as the development of his own personal brand.
The Weeknd Net Worth
|The Weeknd Net Worth||$320 Million|
|Full Name||Abel Makkonen Tesfaye|
|Famous Name||The Weeknd|
● Record Producer
|Birth Date||16 February 1990|
|Birth Place||Toronto, Ontario, Canada|
|Age||33 years old|
|Height||In Feet and Inches – 5’ 7’’ |
In Centimetres – 169 cm
|Weight||In Kilograms – 78 kg |
In Pounds – 171 lbs
|Awards||● Billboard Music Awards (2015)|
● JUNO Awards (2015, 2017, 2019)
● Grammy Awards (2016, 2017, 2021)
● iHeartRadio Music Awards (2016, 2018)
● MTV Europe Music Awards (2016)
● People’s Choice Awards (2016)
● Billboard Music Awards (2017, 2018, 2021)
● R&B Album of the Year (2018)
● MTV Video Music Awards (2020)
What is The Weeknd Net Worth and Income?
● The Weeknd is a Songwriter, Singer, and Record Producer has an estimated Net Worth of $320 Million.
● The Weeknd’s monthly income is approx $3.5 Million and his yearly income is around $35 Million.
Key Sources Contributing to The Weeknd’s Net Worth
● The Weeknd’s major source of income comes from :
◆ Music Sales
◆ Brand Endorsements
◆ Streaming Royalties
◆ Concerts and Tours
◆ Merchandise Sales
The Weeknd Net Worth Growth
|The Weeknd Net Worth 2023||$320 Million|
|The Weeknd Net Worth 2022||$285 Million|
|The Weeknd Net Worth 2021||$254 Million|
|The Weeknd Net Worth 2020||$228 Million|
|The Weeknd Net Worth 2019||$197 Million|
|The Weeknd Net Worth 2018||$160 Million|
The Weeknd Career
In 2012, The Weeknd released ‘Trilogy’, a compilation album composed of a mixtape and remastered versions of his 2011’s mixtapes ‘House Of Balloons’, ‘Thursday’, and ‘Echoes Of Silence.’
Abel started making major gains in 2013 after being an opener on Justin Timberlake’s ‘The 20/20 Experience World Tour.’ He also contributed to the soundtrack for ‘The Hunger Games: Catching Fire’ on songs ‘Devil May Cry’ and ‘Elastic Heart.’
In 2014 he remixed Beyonce‘s ‘Drunken Love’ and he scored a placement on the ‘Fifty Shades Of Grey’ Film soundtrack with the Track ‘Earned It’, which further pushed his name in the music world.
The Weekend went from being a niche artist to a global phenomenon, following the release of his second studio album ‘Beauty Behind The Madness’ in 2015. In its opening week ‘Beauty Behind The Madness’ earned 412,000 album equivalents and it became The Weekend’s first Number 1 album in the United States.
His debut studio album Kiss Land which sold 95,000 in its first week was extremely darker in contrast to ‘Beauty Behind The Madness’ which led some diehard fans to scream that The Weekend had sold out.
In 2016, we got ‘Starboy’, the 18-track project is mainly R&B Pop and Trap. The album is filled with hits from its braggadocio leading single of the same name ‘Starboy’ to the fast-paced menacing ‘False Alarm’ and the groovy electronic ‘I Feel It Coming’ ft. Darth Punk. The leading single ‘Starboy’ peaked at Number 1 on the US Billboard Hot 100 while ‘I Feel It Coming’ was a top 5 hit on the same chart peaking at number 4.
‘After Hours’, released under The Weekend’s own XO and republic stylistically similar to ‘Starboy’ but on this journey The Weekend dives deeper into the cosmos, tackling promiscuity, overindulgence, and self-loathing. ‘After Hours’ debuted at the top U.S Billboard 200 with 444,000 album equivalent units and the album has been certified double platinum by the RIAA.
‘Blinding Lights’ topped the Billboard Hot 100 for 4 weeks and is the first song to hold a spot in the Top 10 on the chart for an entire year. ‘Blinding Lights’ was ranked as the Number 1 greatest Hot 100 hit of all time by Billboard and is the artist’s most successful single to date.
The Weekend’s fifth studio album ‘Dawn FM’ was released on January 7, 2022. This album continues with the dark themes but is more cinematic laced with existential themes and regret. The sequencing on ‘Dawn FM’ is impeccable as the tracks transition from one to another.
‘Dawn FM’ was met with widespread acclaim from music critics and received 88 out of 100 scores from Metacritic. This album debuted on the Billboard Hot 100 at number 2 with 148,000 album equivalent units. This album is a masterpiece and it’s The Weekend’s best album.
The Weeknd Career Growth
|2010||● Releases his first mixtape, “House of Balloons.”|
● The mixtape helps to establish The Weeknd’s reputation as a rising R&B star.
|2011||● Releases two more mixtapes, “Thursday” and “Echoes of Silence.”|
● Signs a record deal with Republic Records.
● Begins working on his debut studio album.
|2012||● Releases his debut album, “Trilogy,” (a compilation of his 3 mixtapes) peaking at No. 4 on the Billboard 200 chart.|
|2013||● Collaborates with Drake on the hit single “Live For” and appears on Drake’s album “Nothing Was the Same.”|
● Also releases a single called “Kiss Land.”
|2014||● Releases his second studio album, “Beauty Behind the Madness,” (a massive commercial success) spawning the hit singles “Can’t Feel My Face” and “The Hills.”|
|2015||● Wins 2 Grammy Awards for “Beauty Behind the Madness.”|
● Releases a single called “In the Night” (another hit).
|2016||● Releases his third studio album, “Starboy,” (another commercial success) spawning the hit singles “Starboy” and “I Feel It Coming.”|
|2017||● Releases two singles, “Heartless” and “Blinding Lights.” Blinding Lights” becomes a massive hit, peaking at No. 1 on the Billboard Hot 100 chart.|
|2018||● Releases a surprise EP called “My Dear Melancholy.”|
|2019||● Releases two singles, “Heartless” and “Blinding Lights.””Blinding Lights” becomes a massive hit, peaking at No. 1 on the Billboard Hot 100 chart.|
|2020||● Performs at the Super Bowl halftime show.|
● Releases his fourth studio album, “After Hours” (another commercial success).
The Weeknd Early Life
The Weeknd whose full name is Abel Makkonen Tesfaye was born on February 16, 1990, in Toronto, Canada.
His parents Makkonen Tesfaye (father) and Samra Tesfaye (mother) came to Canada in the 80s from Ethiopia. His father left the family when he was just 2 years old.
When Abel’s mom wasn’t at night school, she was working several jobs including that of a nurse or doing catering to help his moms out with her busy schedule. Abel’s grandmother helped to raise him. His grandmother lived in Ethiopia.
Abel was a lonely little kid dreaming of having a brother and attended an Ethiopian Orthodox Church where he was first introduced to music.
The Weeknd Personal Life
The Weeknd has romantically dated several women over the years. He has a huge list of girlfriends:
● Bella Hadid (2015-2016, 2018)
● Selena Gomez (2017)
● Yovanna Ventura (2017)
● Chantel Jeffries (2018)
● Kendall Jenner (2018)
● Rosalía (2021)
● Angelina Polikarpova (2021)
The Weeknd House
The Weeknd’s patience and hard work are paying off and his ultra-luxurious home in Bel Air stands as proof that the R&B superstar dropped a cool and one of the most expensive $70 Million Bel Air Mansion in Los Angeles.
The Weeknd Car Collection
The Weeknd’s Car Collection is quite impressive and includes some of the most luxurious and high-performance cars.
● McLaren P1 – The first car in his collection is the McLaren P1. The P1 was used in the clip of Starboy of The Weeknd. He owns this car in red color and the cost of the car is $1.2 Million.
● Lamborghini Aventador SV – The cost of the car is a whopping $550,000 and the color of the car is red.
● Mercedes AMG GTC – The next car in his car collection is Mercedes AMG GTC. The color of this car is matte gray and this roadster has an approximate price tag of $190,000.
● 1980 Porsche 911 – The 1980 Porsche 911 is also part of his car collection and has a whopping price tag of $200,000 and the color of the car is white.
● Bentley Mulsanne – This is the most luxurious car in his car collection. He owns this car in black color and this has an estimated price tag of $300,000.
● Rolls-Royce Ghost – This is a luxurious and spacious sedan with a powerful V12 engine. He has this car in white color and this has an approximate price tag of $320,000.
● Ferrari 458 Italia – The Weeknd has also been seen driving a Ferrari 458 Italia, which is a high-performance Sports Car. The car is in red color and has a whopping price tag of $270,000.
Frequently Asked Questions
A. The Weeknd has an estimated Net Worth of $320 Million.
A. The Weeknd is 33 years old (as of 2023).
A. The Weeknd was currently reported to be single.
A. The Weeknd’s height is 5’7” in feet and inches, 169 cm or 1.69 m.
A. The Weeknd is from Toronto, Canada.